Forgings are used in a wide range of industries and applications where strength, durability, and reliability are essential.
Here are some examples of how forgings are used in the world:
- Automotive Industry:
- Crankshafts: Forged crankshafts are used in engines to withstand the high rotational forces and provide longevity.
- Steering Components: Forgings are used in steering knuckles, arms, and other components for durability and safety.
- Transmission Parts: Gears and shafts used in transmissions are often forged to handle torque and reduce wear.
- Oil and Gas Industry:
- Drill Bits: Forged drill bits are used in drilling operations for oil and gas exploration due to their ability to withstand high-pressure and high-temperature conditions.
- Flanges and Fittings: Forgings are used in pipeline and refinery applications for their strength and resistance to corrosive environments.
- Power Generation:
- Turbine Components: Forgings are used in gas and steam turbines for power generation to withstand the mechanical and thermal stresses.
- Generator Shafts: Large generator shafts used in power plants are often forged to ensure reliable performance.
- Construction and Infrastructure:
- Structural Components: Forgings are used in the construction of bridges, buildings, and other structures where strength and load-bearing capacity are critical.
- Heavy Machinery Parts: Forged components are used in equipment like excavators, bulldozers, and cranes for their durability under heavy loads.
- Military and Defence:
- Artillery Components: Forgings are used in cannon barrels, gun mounts, and other artillery components for their ability to withstand repeated firing and extreme conditions.
- Armoured Vehicle Parts: Forged parts provide protection and durability in military vehicles.
- Marine Industry:
- Propeller Shafts: Forged propeller shafts are used in marine applications to transmit power from engines to propellers.
- Shipbuilding: Forgings are used in ship components like hull frames and rudders due to their high strength and resistance to corrosion.
- Mining and Earthmoving Equipment:
- Excavator and Loader Components: Forged bucket teeth, cutting edges, and other components are used in mining and construction equipment for their wear resistance and toughness.
- Railway Industry:
- Train Wheel and Axle: Forgings are used in train wheels and axles to withstand the heavy loads and stresses of railway operations.
These examples demonstrate how forgings play a critical role in various industries, enabling the creation of durable and reliable components that meet stringent performance requirements.
Considering a forging? Contact us today.
Our skilled workforce has been producing quality forgings for over a century, establishing a strong reputation for Brockhouse as a market leader, working with a network of customers globally. From our West Bromwich based facility, we offer a complete service including design, die & tool manufacture, forging, machining, and heat treatment for items up to 400 kgs in weight.
We pride ourselves on our ability to meet the challenges of fast response, high quality, and low cost solutions that our customers require. Our manufacturing facilities enable us to offer the widest range of products from a single forge.
Contact us today to make an enquiry.